CRANBERRY AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT ADMINISTRATIVE GUIDELINES FOR FACILITIES USAGE AND FEES
- The organization requesting the use of a building must complete the Facilities Usage Request Form.
- Building principals must sign and date the form to verify that the requested event does not conflict with the educational program of the District or a prior scheduled event.
- The organization representative must attach a copy of their liability insurance to the request form. Minimum amount of policy limits: $1,000,000.00. *This requirement does not apply to Cranberry Area School District students or Booster organizations. The School District has provided the insurance for all Booster organizations
- Forward the completed form to the Business Office for scheduling of janitorial and/or cafeteria personnel and for billing purposes.
- Events are not to be held until all appropriate forms are on file with the Business Manager.
USE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES
- School facilities of this district should be made available for community purposes, provided that such use does not interfere with the educational program of the schools.
- The Board will provide for the use of school facilities when permission has been requested in writing and has been approved by the Building Principal in accordance with the following order of priority:
- requests by school related organizations
- requests by non-school related community activities
- requests by private interest groups
- The use of school facilities shall not be granted for:
- any commercial or profit making organization except with special permission of the Board.
- private social functions
- use on Sunday except by special permission of the Board
- church services
- any purpose which is prohibited by law
The Building Principal will approve and schedule the use of all school facilities in accordance with the provisions of the following guidelines:
Type of Organization:
- Cranberry Area School District Organizations
- Those organizations established and approved by the Board to meet the needs of the students.
- Cranberry Area School District Related Organizations
- Those organizations established to provide services or financial support to all or part of the school district program. (ex. Booster Clubs, Home and School, etc.)
- Cranberry Area School District Non-Related Organizations (Non-Profit)–
- Those organizations, which are, considered a community organization meeting regularly within the boundary lines of the School District. (ex. Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4-H, Little League, Softball, UPMC, etc.)
- Non-Cranberry Area School District Organizations (Non Profit)
- Those organizations which meet regularly outside the boundary lines of the School District.
The Board establishes a schedule of fees yearly on the basis of the facility to be used, the type of organization, and whether the organization charges a fee. (See Addendum #1 and Addendum #2).
Requests for use of a facility will not be permitted to interfere with the regular school calendar of events and activities. Applications for use of the facilities will be approved on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The Application will include a statement that the District assumes no liability for any loss, damage or personal injury occurring through the use of the facility as requested in the application. Such application is to be signed by the authorized representative of the organization requesting use of the facility.
The hours of use shall not conflict with the security of the facility. All activities must terminate and participants be off the premises by 11:59 p.m.
Rules and regulations for use of the school facilities have been published and must be adhered to, to prevent damage to any of the school facilities.
When use of the facility demands bringing in district personnel such as janitorial, food service or security personnel for clean-up or use of school equipment, appropriate charges will be made to compensate the school employees.